Treatspace is passionate about saving lives with software. Our systems help medical practices detect, diagnose and prevent serious health conditions for patients. We are a small team and we believe driven people drive success. We have a great team that is engaged, learning, and feels connected to their work and to their colleagues. Treatspace is a winning team that recently received the $1 Million Global Action Challenge Award in Nashville, secured Venture Funding and is one of the Top 5 Pittsburgh Startups named by the Pittsburgh Technology Council Tech 50. We are looking for a passionate Full Stack Developer with a Front End Focus to help develop our product.
Why is this role important?
As a Full Stack Developer with a Front-End Focus at Treatspace, you impact the lives of people in a positive way. Your tools create a solution that benefits both patients and practices in an immediate, lifesaving way. When practices are challenged with inadequate referral management, your tools help patients to progress quickly with the exceptional care they need.
On your first day, we’d love for you to:
- Actively participate in sprints, develop ideas to architect, design and, prototype for the application
- Collaborate with the engineering team in coding, testing, deploying, maintaining, and improving high-performance client-side software and integrating with server-side systems
- Engage with the customer-facing teams to design new product features, functionality, and workflow
- Have an understanding of how to produce high quality software that is performant, decoupled, unit-testable, maintainable code, that is reviewed and checked in regularly for continuous integration
- Provide technical leadership and drive best practices in software development
- Share your knowledge and wisdom with the team and have a willingness to learn from the team
What are we looking for? (Basic Qualifications)
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, and/or 2+ years of related practical experience
- 3+ years experience in software design, development, and algorithm related solutions
- 1+ years experience programming in the Bootstrap framework
What will help you succeed here? (Preferred Qualifications)
In addition to the basic qualifications,
- Experience in designing and building infrastructure and web services at large scale
- Experience writing clean, unobtrusive jQuery and using debugger tools (Knowledge of native DOM and Event APIs)
- API Design and Development experience, particularly RESTful Services
- Knowledge of browser quirks and their remedies (cross browser compatibility)
- Extensive programming experience with Django or other MVC Frameworks
- Strong object-oriented skills including design, coding, and testing patterns
Nice to have:
- Experience in using relational databases, nosql databases and optimizing for read and write access.
- Web server technologies like Node.js, Apache, Nginx etc.
- Knowledge of (and a passion for) current trends and best practices in front-end architecture, including performance, accessibility, security and usability.
- Experience, passion or interest in the healthcare field is a plus. Clinical or administrative experience.
- Desire for a career opportunity that offers an enriching experience that promotes growth and lifelong learning
Where is this position located?
Treatspace is headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA. This role is based out of the Pittsburgh Area and is an onsite position.
Benefits & Perks
Our office is open, highly collaborative and yes, fun! We’d offer you some fantastic perks to support you at work (and play):
- Competitive compensation including stock options
- A health-oriented office culture including 1:1s, healthy food & snacks
- Flexible vacation time
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
- Weekly free catered lunches on Fridays
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, potlucks and more
How to apply?
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and design portfolio (pdf) with the screenshots or the URL link to at least two applications that you were responsible for designing and are the most proud of. After you finish, our team will review your submission and contact you regarding next steps